While TxDOT strives to inform the public about planned roadway restrictions and activities, circumstances beyond our control may occasionally cause schedule changes.
TxDOT urges motorists to drive with caution, obey the posted speed limit signs and be alert for construction equipment and workers.
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- FM 2833 (East Lake Road) reconstruction in Taylor County: Progress continues on the road base. No traffic changes are anticipated at this time.
- FM 89 reconstruction and widening project: Work proceeds on the west end of the project. Traffic will travel on unpaved sections during this work, and drivers should approach this area with caution.
- Fort Phantom Hill enhancement project: Construction continues on the information kiosk.
- I-20 from west of Wells Lane to Shirley Road resurfacing project: Crews continue work on the final paving surface. Drivers should be aware of occational lane closures.
- I-20 median crossovers from Nolan to Callahan County: Crews continue installing crossovers in Sweetwater.
- FM 600 resurfacing project: Sidewalk construction continues.
- I-20 from the Taylor/Callahan County line to Nolan County line: Pavement edge repair.
- I-20 from the Nolan County line to Wimberly Road: Blade spot level-up.
- US 83: Base failure repair on Danville Street. The South 14th Street and FM 89 (Buffalo Gap) exits will be closed on different days during the week. Work should be finished by the end of the week.