Abilene firefighters responded and found fire in the ceiling and attic areas above the kitchen.
The fire was quickly extinguished and smoke was vented from the residence. The three occupants of the home exited safely prior to fire department arrival.
Fire Department investigators determined that the fire began in the electrical junction box directly above a ceiling fan. Due to damaged wiring, the occupants will likely be displaced until repairs can be made.
Damage was limited to the ceiling of the kitchen and the attic area just above. The loss is estimated to be around $10,000.
This was a single-alarm fire and no injuries were reported.