April 2 through 3 enrollment opens for 4 year-olds, and on April 4, enrollment begins for both 3 and 4 year-olds at the Abilene Civic Center from 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
The following are the eliginility requirements that must be met to enrol in the program:
- Children must be 4-years old on or before September 1, 2013.
- Children must meet federal guidelines or have a diagnosed disability for Head Start
- Children must meet USDA income guidelines for Free & Reduced Lunch Program, or be military dependents, or be homeless, or in CPS conservatorship, or be a limited English speaker for Pre-K ( AISD Pre-K only serves 4 year-olds )
- Limited spaces for children who are 3-years-old by Sept. 1st who meet Head Start guidelines.
- Child's Birth Certificate, Immunization Record & Social Security Card
- Proof of Residency: Only one of the following will be accepted: utility bill (elec., gas, water, cable), rent receipt, lease or mortgage .
- Proof of most recent income for ALL ADULTS living in the home ( check stubs, income tax return, Social security printout, TANF, letter from employer, child support, financial aid, etc.).
- Military ONLY: Child's DOD ID card, sponsors orders ( no income required ) - Only 4-year-old military are served in AISD Pre-K
- Picture ID
Transportation for the program is provided from most elementary schools.
For more information call Locust: 671-4569 or Woodson: 671-4594.