The company sent out a press releasing saying, "Austin-based economic analysis and public consulting firm TXP, Inc. has released a study indicating that the proposed Tenaska Trailblazer Energy Center would be a significant economic boon to Sweetwater and Nolan County."
The press released and study noted the following economic notes:
- More than $742 million in economic activity in Nolan County over the five-year construction period and provide about 1,500 jobs at peak construction.
- More than $1 billion (in 2014 dollars) in taxable property to the Nolan County tax rolls.
- 105 permanent full-time jobs at the plant and an estimated 71 jobs in the community due to increased local spending.
- More than $300 million annually in economic activity in Nolan County over the projected 50-year life of the project.
- More than 10 million barrels in increased Permian Basin oil production through enhanced oil recovery using CO2 captured by the plant.
You can read the study for yourself by clicking in the link below.