Chris Whited has the latest on your chance to see snow later today at the Weathering the Storm Blog.
1. Drastically colder - our high for Friday will be before sunrise.
2. Cold front blasts through by about 7am or so with gusty northwest wind 20 to 30 - gusty wind all day.
3. Big question is moisture. I'm going light snow for for Abilene and along and north of I-20 with little accumulation in our immediate area.
4. Best chance for moisture looks to be in the afternoon, on into the evening.
5. Counties to the north (i.e. Haskell, Kent, Knox, Throckmorton) could get 1 to 2 inches of snow. Farther north toward Lubbock 3 inches. Basically, more snow the farther north you go from Abilene. THE BIG IF - IF the low drops farther south along I-20, the heavier snow line will also drop farther south.
6. Travel conditions - shouldn't be bad here due to a warm ground and temperatures remaining above freezing.
7. During the day Friday, the temp will be falling to around 40 or into the 30's.
8. Wind chills on Friday will be in the 30's most of the day.
9. I put Friday night's low at 32.
10. Weather will be the talk of the town on Friday. We should see some light rain then light snow in Abilene - that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.