A letter went out to school principals this morning with instructions on how to move forward with the changes. A portion of the letter follows:
- Effective Friday (today), all out-of-district events are cancelled.
- Effective Monday, all off-campus events are cancelled. To give everyone time to rearrange schedules, this will begin Monday at 12:01 a.m. Please start working to cancel events.
- All off-campus activities are cancelled including school related activities. This also involves PTA and Booster Club activities.
- All field trips are cancelled.
- Off-campus tutoring is cancelled.
- Off-campus ALPS classes are cancelled.
- For high school students only -- Instructional arrangements where students have to attend a different campus for academic courses such as Holland, dual-enrollment, Special Education, etc., will continue as normal.
- TOC/RAC will continue but limit discretionary placements.
- In-school activities may continue to be held as long as we do not co-mingle students from other campuses or districts. This includes but is not limited to assemblies, athletic practice, etc.
- Any school activity that has the potential to co-mingle students from different schools is cancelled.
- All AISD on- or off-campus concerts or banquets are cancelled. 3. Out-of-district travel for all staff members is cancelled until further notice. Work with your supervisor on specifics for required training and other activities that will need to be worked out.
Click here to read the letter sent home to parents on Thursday.
For continuing coverage and resources on the swine flu, visit our special section at http://bigcountryhomepage.com/health/swine_flu.