If you're currently seeing snow or no picture, that means you aren't seeing the digital signal. Television users must have cable, satellite, a converter box, or a newer television with a digital tuner to see DTV.
If you can't see the signal and aren't sure why, you have four quick options:
- Review DTV Questions and Answers on our website.
- Call (325) 695-2777 and get assistance from station employees.
- Visit your neighborhood Radio Shack or Best Buy to get answers from workers.
- Attend a DTV session conducted by the FCC Wednesday at the Abilene Best Buy location.
- Go to the FCC Digital Television website at www.dtv.gov
Wesley Platt, a lawyer for the Federal Communications Commission visited the Rose Park Senior Center Monday to answer last minute questions that our local seniors may have.
He explained that even after today's switch, people will still be able to order coupons from the government to help pay for the converter boxes.
Local retailers, including H.E.B., Sears, KMart, Wal-Mart, Radio Shack and Best Buy say that they're fully stocked with converter boxes and most have staff prepared to answer your questions.