roadways in Abilene and surrounding areas for the next week. While TxDOT strives to inform
the public about planned roadway restrictions and activities, circumstances beyond our control
may occasionally cause schedule changes. TxDOT urges motorists to drive with caution, obey
the posted speed limit signs and be alert for construction equipment and workers.
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- US 83 resurfacing project in Taylor and Jones counties: Striping and shoulder texturing continue. Crews will install pavement markers and begin cleanup work.
- FM 2833 (East Lake Road) reconstruction in Taylor County: Grading work on the west side of the road continues.
- US 83/Antilley Road intersection project: Culvert work continues. No major traffic changes are anticipated for the week.
- SH 70 resurfacing project in Nolan County: Culvert work continues.
- FM 89 reconstruction and widening project: Culvert work continues.
- FM 3438/Hartford Street signal project: Signals are operating in all directions. Work to install traffic detection cameras will begin.
- I-20 bridge at SH 351: Repairs are expected to finish earlier than anticipated. All lanes should be open by the end of the week.
- Various roadways: Crack sealing continues on various highways in Taylor, Callahan and Jones Counties.