The Abilene Fire Department reports that personnel responded to a call on Chapparal Circle at approximately 7:00 Friday evening.
Smoke was seen coming from the residence, but crews were able to enter the house and quickly extinguish the flames.
AFD says after an investigation, it was determined that the fire was caused by a candle left unattended too close to combustibles.
No one was home at the time of the fire and there were no injuries.
Estimated value of loss appears to be around $25,000.
In all three engines, one ladder truck, Battalion 1, a Field Resource Medic and an AFD Arson Investigator responded to the call.
View Larger Map