roadways in Abilene and surrounding areas for the next week.
While TxDOT strives to inform the public about planned roadway restrictions and activities, circumstances beyond our control may occasionally cause schedule changes.
TxDOT urges motorists to drive with caution, obey the posted speed limit signs and be alert for construction equipment and workers.
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- US 83 resurfacing project in Taylor and Jones counties: This project is complete.
- FM 2833 (East Lake Road) reconstruction in Taylor County: Subgrade work on the west side of the road continues
- US 83/Antilley Road intersection project: Widening and culvert work continue. The turnarounds remain closed until the project is finished.
- SH 70 resurfacing project in Nolan County: Crews will work toward finishing culverts and riprap (rock material). All other work is complete.
- FM 89 reconstruction and widening project: Subgrade widening and culvert work continues. Crews will prepare for base work on the west two miles of the project.
- Upcoming project: Construction of emergency median crossovers on I-20 between Roscoe and the Eastland County line. Work is expected to begin within four to six weeks.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
- I-20 from Taylor/Callahan County line to Nolan County line: Pavement edge repair.
- FM 604: Blade patching and edge repair.
- US 83 south of Tuscola: Blade level-up.
- US 83 north of I-20: Blade level-up.