Upon arrival they found a gentleman outside of the home and two females inside, one of which was unconscious and a second that was trying to get out. All three individuals were given oxygen and were checked out by EMS. All three were uninjured.
The Fire Department entered the home upon arrival and administered a test to determine the carbon monoxide level. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless and initially non-irritating toxic gas that is very difficult for people to detect.
Carbon monoxide is a product of incomplete combustion of organic matter due to insufficient oxygen supply to enable complete oxidation to carbon dioxide (CO2). It is often produced in domestic or industrial settings by older motor vehicles and other gasoline-powered tools, heaters, and cooking equipment.
Exposures at 100 ppm or greater can be dangerous to human health. The test showed a 900 ppm (parts per million) reading, which at that level can lead to death in about an hour.
The source of the leak has not been determined as of yet but is under investigation.