A forensic team from the FBI in Dalllas is on its way to Big Spring at this hour. The immediate thought for many in this area was that the remains could be those of 13-year old Hailey Dunn who has been missing from Colorado City since just after Christmas of 2010.
Sources in the police department say the remains cannot be identified, so the connection to Hailey Dunn is speculation at this time.
The remains were reportedly located on the southeast side of the McMahon-Wrinkle Airport, just over a mile from the address listed for Shawn Adkins' mother in an affidavit from January 2011.
View Larger Map
Remains have been found near the Airport in Big Spring.
NewsWest 9 in Midland reports that Big Spring Police say the remains, found near the Airpark, are human.
Multiple reports state that the remains were found by employees of a business in the area between 2:30 and 3:00 Tuesday afternoon.
BigCountryHomePage.com Staff have confirmed that Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs has been called to the scene, as well as the DPS trooper who is investigating the disappearance of Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn. At this time there is no confirmation that the remains may be of the missing girl.
- Hailey Dunn: One Year Later
- Few New Developments in Hailey Dunn Investigation
- Investigators: Adkins Remains Lone Suspect in Dunn Disappearance
- Investigators Respond to Letter from Adkins' Attorney
- Raw Interviews with Adkins after Hailey Disappeared
- Part II of Raw Interview with Hailey Dunn Suspect Shawn Adkins
- Dunn Volunteers Work to Bring Search Dog to Colorado City
- Police Don't Believe Accounts in Hailey Dunn Case
- Friends Still Hold Hope for Hailey Dunn
- Sheriff: Hailey Dunn Not Kidnapped
- Hailey Dunn Listed on FBI Missing Persons List