Sgt. Tony Everett with the BSPD says it is too early to determine the identity of the remains. He says they have been there for quite some time and are partially mummified.
The remains were found in a dirt and grass area on the property that is not frequently traveled by workers, and were partially exposed when they were found.
Authorities say the area is "not impossible to get in" although it is gated and fenced.
FBI agents will work the scene before the remains will be taken to a pathologist for identification.
There has been no time frame given for what officials are calling "very meticulous work."
- Report: Gated Area Where Remains Found Never Searched by Investigators
- Hailey Dunn's Mother Reacts to Discovery of Remains
- Big Spring Police, Mitchell Co. Sheriff Marking Crime Scene at Airport
- Hailey Dunn's Grandmother Speaks About Remains
- Colorado City Police Chief Called to Scene at Big Spring Airport
- Big Spring Police Issue Statement Regarding Found Remains
- Remains Found Near House of Suspect's Mother
- Remains Found Near Big Spring Airport
- Hailey Dunn: One Year Later
- Few New Developments in Hailey Dunn Investigation
- Investigators: Adkins Remains Lone Suspect in Dunn Disappearance
- Investigators Respond to Letter from Adkins' Attorney
- Raw Interviews with Adkins after Hailey Disappeared
- Part II of Raw Interview with Hailey Dunn Suspect Shawn Adkins
- Dunn Volunteers Work to Bring Search Dog to Colorado City
- Police Don't Believe Accounts in Hailey Dunn Case
- Friends Still Hold Hope for Hailey Dunn
- Sheriff: Hailey Dunn Not Kidnapped
- Hailey Dunn Listed on FBI Missing Persons List