And it was in a grassy field where a woman had to be rushed to Hendrick Medical Center after she called saying a rattlesnake bit her on the left ankle.
"She didn't tell us too much we were able to get out of her that she was out in the woods, in a field when she got bit by the snake," said Potosi Volunteer Firefighter Ben Attkisson.
She never saw the snake, and there was no one there to help.
"She ended up having to crawl into the fields to get out to us," said Attkisson.
It took her an hour to reach the phone.
Officials at the Taylor County Sherrifs department say its the first incident of a human snake bite this year, but, it may not be the last.
"Tree lines, grassy areas, fields- they're starting to come out a lot more now," said South Taylor EMS supervisor David Allman.
Warmer temperatures forces rattlesnakes to hide in shaded areas like underneath rocks, or even homes.
"They come out at night time so if you're removing debris, brush piles and moving rocks, lift things away from areas also don't stick your hands in areas in places which you cannot see," Tony Baez, the reptile keeper at the Abilene Zoo.
Its still unknown whether the bite was from a rattlesnake, but emergency personnel say the swelling is an indication.
"Her ankle at the time was becoming discolored," said Attkisson.
Rattlesnake venom is poisonous and can result even result in death.
So when it comes to bites, every second matters.
"There's a limited time on anti venom and when it can be given and you have a lot of tissue death start setting in," said Allman.