On Monday, 35th District Judge Steve Ellis signed a court order dismissing the charge against Randall Philen who was convicted and sent to prison in December 2011 for the 2009 murder of his brother Ronald.
Philen was released from prison in January 2012 after investigators received new information implicating four other men in the murder.
Efrain Castillo III, Alex Lucky Gil, Jr., Mathew Scott Navarro and Pedro Rocha were arrested in January for the murder of Ronald Philen and were each indicted in late March.
- Affidavit Reveals Reasons Behind New Arrests in Brownwood Murder
- New Arrests Made in Connection to Brownwood Sibling Murder Case
- Philen Sentenced to Life for Murdering Brother
- Brownwood Murder Trial Enters Second Week
- Brownwood Man on Trial for Murdering His Brother
- Brownwood Man Indicted in Brother's Murder
- Victim Identified in Brownwood Murder