While TxDOT strives to inform the public about planned roadway restrictions and activities, circumstances beyond our control may occasionally cause schedule changes.
TxDOT urges motorists to drive with caution, obey the posted speed limit signs and be alert for construction equipment and workers.
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- US 83/Antilley Road intersection project: All concrete work is complete. Final paving work will begin, with daytime exit ramp closures near the hospital starting Tuesday, May 1. Drivers should use the two exits north of the hospital to access Clack and the hospital. Electronic message boards approaching the project area have been re-activated to provide advance notification. Drivers are encouraged to take alternate routes if possible to avoid increased traffic congestion at the intersection.
- FM 2833 (East Lake Road) reconstruction in Taylor County: Crews continue to work on the east side of the road.
- FM 89 reconstruction and widening project: Culvert work continues at Richey Creek. Widening on the west of the project is under way.
- Fort Phantom Hill enhancement project: Crews are completing the parking area, kiosk and monument foundations.
- I-20 from the Taylor/Callahan County line to Nolan County line: Repairs to pavement edges, base failures and potholes; level-up.
- US 83: Sweep barrier.
- FM 1235 between View and Buffalo Gap: Level-up and base failure repairs.