Tarpley works at Big Country Veterinary Clinic on the corner of Southwest Dr. and Danville Street, one of the most dangerous intersections in the city of Abilene.
"People are trying to go straight and turn. Too many people are trying to turn at the same time and they just cross over to the wrong lane," says Tarpley.
Of course accidents happen, but they are happening more at some intersections than others.
Dean Carter, Planning Technician for Metropolitan Planning Organization says, "Every intersection has it's different tendencies or the people have the tendencies as they enter into that intersection."
The top 11 collision sites in Abilene are:
1. Southwest Drive & South Clack Street (29)
2. Southwest Drive & Danville Street (29)
3. Buffalo Gap Road & South Clack Street (28)
4. North Judge Ely & East Ambler Avenue (27)
5. South 14th Street & South Clack Street (24)
6. Ridgemont Drive & South Clack Street (24)
7. Southwest Drive & Catclaw Drive (23)
8. South Danville & Buffalo Gap Road (23)
9. Southwest Drive at Walmart Parking Lot (19)
10. Barrow Street & South 14th Street (17)
11. Sayles Blvd & South 1st Street (17)
The list was compiled by the Metropolitan Planning Organization.
Carter explains, "We're looking at infrastructure. As the city grows out, what do we need to do to make sure the capacity there to handle the new traffic."
A lot of that growth has happened on the south side of town, where most of the traffic hazards are being reported.
Just take it from Tarpley, "I got in an accident a week and a half ago in this parking lot because nobody could pull out into the traffic, because the traffic is all backed up and so the girl that i was behind decided to just throw it in reverse because she realized she couldn't go out."
Whatever the reasons may be for these collisions, you can rest assured that people are working to fix this issue.
"We're going to add on to it so there will be another one for 2012, to find out where the different areas, if they change, if they stay the same," says Carter.