A light dimmer could be your perfect solution. Dimmers can create ambiance and elegance in your home. They can also help cut costs. With a dimmer, light bulbs can last twenty times longer. They also use forty percent less electricity on average.
Installing a Dimmer
1. You can install a dimmer yourself. All it takes is a screwdriver, a dimmer switch, and a few minutes.
2. Firstly, make sure that the power is off to the circuit you’ll be working with. Be sure to tell others what you’re doing so that the power isn’t accidentally switched on.
3. Next, use the screwdriver to remove the switch cover, and then remove the switch screws.
4. Pull the switch from the wall, and disconnect the wires.
5. Next, safely connect the wires to the dimmer by following the manufacturer’s instructions.
6. Screw the switch into the wall, attach the switch cover, turn the power back on, and you’re ready to dim the lights and the cost of your electric bill.