It happened in the 3600 block of Sherry Ln. just after 4 p.m. when bunk beds set on fire sent smoke pouring into the house and the mother quickly phoned 911.
They ran out barefoot, with just the clothes on their backs, after six-year-old J.J. alerted his mom about smoke and fire coming from a bedroom.
"I said mommy, mommy, there's a fire," J.J. said.
Smoke from a fire he said he started while playing with a lighter taken from his aunt's purse.
"I told them, 'Get out, let's go!'" J.J. explained about getting his two younger sisters out of the home.
Eight months pregnant, Tina Torres quickly gathered her and ran them outside to safety.
A neighbor they had never met before rushed over within minutes, bringing the children stuffed toys, shoes and bubbles.
A father himself, Scott Fenwick said his first thought was of the kids.
"I just wanted to help them, they seemed so scared," Fenwick said.
Heat and smoke damage destroyed the room shared by the two younger girls, as well as much of the family's possessions. It's been just three months since they moved into the Sherry Ln. home.
It also killed their puppy Ginger. A family cat remains unaccounted for Wednesday evening.
Fire officials confirmed the cause of the fire was revealed to be children playing with a lighter.