Mark Taylor, 45, was flown to University Medical Center by Native Air after the house at 4003 Irving Ave. erupted into flames around 7 a.m.
Neighbors reported that they heard an explosion and felt the shockwave before seeing the fire. "I had my alarm set and then I heard the explosion and a gust of wind hit the house," said Lyndia Allen, who lives across the street. "I didn't know what it was."
Taylor is an employee with Kel-Tech, a chemical company based in Midland. His condition is unknown. The state fire marshal was called to the scene to help with the investigation.
Photo courtesy Snyder Daily News.