"I'm still numb. Don't really know what to think or what to do," he said.
His biggest concern was the equipment. And so far, very little has been recovered.
"We found a few hand tools. Some of my older machines, we've got access to them but it's going to take time to see what kind of working condition they're in," Damon explained.
But the shop was more than a business. It was a second home for the entire Albus family. All of the family pictures were taken there as his kids went from their first steps all the way into their teens.
"All the way to my wife nursing kids in the back of the shop to changing diapers to dates picking my daughter up here," Damon said.
For Damon, the most shocking part has been to see what made it through the blaze.
"It's the stuff that you could really care less about."
And what didn't make it.
"All the keepsakes and all the valuables, the stuff that consider valuable, that was the first stuff gone," he said.
But those insignificant items now hold a new meaning for the Albus family.
"They'll have a special place in the new shop when we open it up," Damon said.
As they work to get back on their feet.
"It's been pretty tough to deal with so far but we'll go on," Damon explained. "We've got those memories, you can't erase those memories. We just lost the stuff."
Officials said they have ruled Arson out, and that this fire was an accidental fire. There is still no known cause.