While TxDOT strives to inform the public about planned roadway restrictions and activities, circumstances beyond our control may occasionally cause schedule changes.
TxDOT urges motorists to drive with caution, obey the posted speed limit signs and be alert for construction equipment and workers.
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- FM 89 reconstruction and widening project: Crews will continue seal coating the roadway between Richey Creek and two miles west.
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Conversion of two-way frontage roads to one-way operation continues. Crews are working on rebuilding the inside lanes on the east end of the project and on constructing turnarounds at the SH 351 intersection.
- US 83 from Antilley to Iberis Road: Pavement base repair work begins on southbound lanes. Some lane and ramp closures will be required.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
- FM 126 from Merkel to Nolan County line: Edge and shoulder repair.
- I-20 Business (E. Hwy. 80): Level-up spot locations between Treadaway and Loop 322.
- FM 3438: Sweeping.
- FM 604 east of US 84: Level-up spot locations.