Around 8:00 p.m. Christmas evening, Abilene firefighters responded to a report of smoke coming from the roof of a house in the 700 block of Victoria.
Units arrived to find fire coming from the roof of the residence. No one was home at the time of the fire and firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in about twenty minutes.
Investigators believe the fire started when a damaged vent pipe from a wooden stove caught the wood roof structure on fire. Most of the fire damage was confined to the roof and attic.
Damage is estimated to be around $25,000. No one was injured. In all seven fire apparatus responded to the fire.