DECLARATION OF DISASTER
WHEREAS, the County of Jones, Texas on 22nd day of January 22, 2009, has suffered widespread or severe damage, injury, or loss of property resulting from:
WHEREAS, the Judge of Jones County has determined that extraordinary measures must be taken to alleviate the suffering of people and to protect or rehabilitate property,
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT PROCLAIMED BY THE JUDGE OF JONES COUNTY:
1. That a local state of disaster is hereby declared for Jones County, pursuant to 418.108(a) of the Texas Government Code.
2. Pursuant to 418.018(b) of the Texas Government Code, that state of disaster shall continue for a period of not more than seven days from the date of this declaration unless continued or renewed by the Commissioners Court of Jones County.
3. Pursuant to 418.018(c) of the Texas Government Code, this declaration of a local state of disaster shall be given prompt and general publicity and shall be filed promptly with the County Clerk.
4. Pursuant to 418.018(d) of the Texas Government Code, this declaration of a local state of disaster activates the County of Jones emergency management plan.
5. That this proclamation shall take effect immediately from and after it issuance.
ORDERED this 22nd day of January, 2009.
Dale Spurgin, Jones County Judge.